22 Nov 2012

MyBeautyBox #2 Picture Perfect Skin

MyBeautyBox #2 has arrived and the theme for this box is Picture Perfect Skin. The 4 items in the box are a lip tint from Rimmel, nail varnish from Sally Hansen, eye shadow from Jemma Kidd and a cleanser from Clean & Clear. Included in the box was also a "gift card" with discount codes for shopping on the MyBeautyBox website.
 
 
But let's look at the goodies :) First up is the Rimmel London 1000 Kisses transferproof lip tint + balm in the shade 200 Grippy Grape. Having just fallen in love with Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation, I was pleased to see something else from this brand in the box. The tinted end is like a felt-tip pen and it does kind of feel like you're colouring in your lip with a big marker :) Luckily the result is good and it is easy to work with, plus it smells a lot better too. I have always been a bit apprehensive when it comes to a red lip. I think it looks a bit vampy, a bit much..on myself that is..I know plenty of people who can rock a mean red lip. But I tried this on and I actually really like it. The red is subtle enough that I think I might actually wear it out in public :) The balm seems nice as well. It has no tint or colour at all, it has a very thick texture which seems perfect for the colder months.


Next is the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No chip Nail colour in 92 Deeply Violet. I am not really a big fan of purple/violet, but I have to say that I really like this one. It is dark and pigmented enough that the purple isn't too dominating. It reminds me of the Stylenomics from Essie in that sense; they are both really dark, so much so that the green or purple is only visible in a certain light. This was actually my first Sally Hansen varnish. I am not too impressed with the formula to be honest, it was too runny and I found it hard to get the right amount of product on the brush, plus the first coat took forever to dry. In the end I resorted to Seche Vite top coat as I didn't have to patience for the second coat to dry either. I do really like the colour, more than I thought I would, but the jury is still out on the formula.

 
Then there is the Jemma Kidd Tone on Tone Duo Shadow in 01 silk. When I opened this one it was love at first sight! The colours are amazing! Silky champagne shades, one matt and one metallic. I am wearing them today as a base and I absolutely love them. The matt shade is a bit heavier and thicker in texture and is excellent as a primer. The shimmer shade is a little sheerer, but looks great dabbed over the matt one. I am so happy with this duo, my favorite item in this month's box by far :) The swatches by no means do them justice.
 

Last item in the box was the Advantage Spot control cleanser from Clean & Clear. Like I have mentioned a few times I have super sensitive skin and am very reluctant to try new skincare products. I was not familiar with this brand beforehand, but it is a Johnson & Johnson brand, so nothing dodgy or anything :) But what I am really missing with this is a list of ingredients. It wasn't listed on the card that came with the box, or on the tube itself. This cleanser is meant for acne and blemish prone skin, so I just wanted to check that it had salicylic acid, glycolic acid or even benzoyl peroxide in it, as these more or less have to be in a product for it to actually help this skin type. I tried turning to my trusted friend Google and even if I couldn't find this specific product I did find that Clean & Clear products do on a whole contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. So far so good..I will try this out and see how it works on my skin.


Overall I am very pleased with this month's box. I could perhaps have done without the skincare product, as I much prefer the more make-up related products, but 1 out of 4 I can live with :) I am already excited about next month's box! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment