16 Nov 2012

Rimmel London Wake Me Up

I have been looking for a drugstore foundation for a while, a good cheap alternative to all the expensive high-end ones. I had heard a lot of good about the Rimmel Wake Me Up series and recently decided to give the foundation and concealer a try. Like with most drugstore foundations the colour range is very limited, the Wake Me Up comes in 4 different shades here in DK, which makes it hard to find the perfect match, but I decided to go with "100 Ivory", the lightest shade in the range. I picked this one because it was the only one that had a slight yellow undertone, which works best for me, and the other 3 were simply to dark.
 
I have oily skin and in most reviews I have come across it has been mentioned that this foundation might be best for people who didn't have oily skin. I would agree, but after having used it for almost 2 weeks I actually really like it. Obviously it doesn't give a matt finish and I do need to set it with powder, but other than that I think it has worked really well on my skin. It does give me more of a dewy finish, even after the powder, but it is perfect for the few areas of my face that are a bit dry and tend to get somewhat flakey with foundations specifically for oily skin. The formula is good, not too thick, but not runny either and a little goes a long way for me. I find it easy to blend and it gives a medium to full coverage on my skin. So over all I think I've found a really good drugstore alternative that I will be sticking with for a while :)


With the concealer I went with the shade "030 classic beige". It has a nice formula and is fairly easy to blend. It is not the best I have ever tried in terms of coverage, but it is a fairly good and cheap alternative to have in any make-up collection.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment