11 Nov 2012

Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons

When I saw this set from Too Faced on BeautyBay I couldn't resist :) Shadow Bon Bons is part of the Holiday Collection 2012 "Love Sweet Love" and it is just too pretty to ignore! The set contains 12 shadows, an eye primer and a mascara, plus a mini booklet with how to get the look guide. It comes in a cute light lavender velvety box that has a mirror in the lid. Very "sweet love" indeed.
 

All the 12 shadows are on the subtle natural side of the colour palette, giving you coutless options for creating great natural looks. In each row the last colour is darker and more intense than the rest, which means that you can definitely do more dramatic looks even if the rest of colours do lend themselves to more subtle looks. All the colours have good pigmentation and staying power - when applied over primer. The formula is very similar to other Too Faced shadows that I have, which means that these do have quite a bit of fallout. I highly recommend tapping the brush before applying the colours and doing the rest of your face i.e. foundation and under eye concealer after doing the eye look. I absolutely love the colours in this palette, they are totally up my alley as I am a big fan of the warm subtle natural looks, which these prefect for.


Row 1 (left to right): Vanilla, Cute the Cake, Framboise and Coffee Bean
Row 2: Peach Fuzz, Candy Rose, Hot Cocoa and Lovey Dovey
Row 3: Nude Beach, Cinnamon Sugar, Marzipan and Licorice Latté


The Lashgasm mascara in black has the flexi-firm brush and promises to give a "climax of length and volume"...quite the tagline :) I have been a bit reluctant to try out mascaras with this type of brush/wand, but when I saw that this set came with one I thought it would be the prefect opportunity to try it out. I am still a little undecided as to what I think about it, but I am not hating it like I sort of suspected I would.

I do also have to factor in that it's black, as I am a 100% brown-mascara-kind-of-girl and only occasionally wear black I'm obviously not completely objective. But I like I said, I didn't hate it and had it been brown, I am pretty sure I would have really liked it. But it's good to try different things and I migth check out some of the drugstore brands that do mascaras with this type of wand in brown. In terms of legth and volume, I will say yes to the first, but I didn't find it to give that much extra volume.

 
The set also included the famous Shadow insurance in the shade Candlelight. This eye shadow primer claims to intensify colour and prevent creasing. Candlelight lives up to its name as the colour is a very golden shimmering luminous base. It can be used as primer or alone as a shimmering gold creme shadow. Again this is a product I have wanted to try for a while. I swear by the Urban Decay primer potions or my Rubenesque paint pot, but the shadow insurance is one of the most talked about primers, so I really wanted to try it out.
I am honestly not sure about the colour, I find it almost a little yellow and I am not sure I feel like it goes with the eye shadow colours in the palette. In terms of doing its job as a primer I thought it was fine, a little less sticky than the primer potions which is one of the things I like about the UD ones. Right now I think I'm still in favour of my primer potions, but I will still give this one a chance and use it a few more times to see if I change my mind.

 
Mini booklet with a step-by-step guide for a look from each row in the palette.
 

So overall I am super happy with this set. I absolutely LOVE the 12 eye shadow colours and know I will get so much use out of them. I was also glad to get the oppertunity to try out a few new products, so for me this was a great pruchase. If you are into the nautral looks this is a good place to start :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment