12 May 2013

Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

I am always happy to try out a new mascara - if I can find it in brown that is...yes, I don't own a black mascara and (probably) never will..I think they are too harsh on me and prefer brown, so there ;) 

Anyways, I am a big fan of Maybelline The Falsies and lucky for me I was able to find The Rocket Volum' Express in brown on a recent trip to Sweden. I am not normally a massive fan of the rubber brush/bristles, but really wanted to try this one, as everyone else seems to love those. 
After trying it out for a few weeks, I am still not sure how I feel about the bristles...I didn't hate them as such, but do feel like the brush deposit A LOT of product, perhaps a little too much for my liking. Volum' Express might be the perfect name because it is very volumising, dare I say it, maybe just a little too much? I am all for volume in my mascaras, but I find this to be a little over the top, if I'm not careful. After using it several times I do seem to have managed to work out how to apply it in a way where it does come off not quite as intense and then I like it. The colour is great and it has really good staying power and is a good mascara. 

So overall it's a pretty good product, but definitely not my go-to, unless I'm going for intensity and a lot of volume :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment